Friday, June 21, 2013
1.Go to our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/UtahCarCents?ref=hl
2. Comment and tell us why you listen to Utah Car Cents
3. Best answer will win a Free oil change courtesy of Mark Miller Subaru
4. Hope for the best!!!
Listen to us tomorrow on 1280 The Zone from 10AM-Noon. Thanks listeners!
Utah Car Cents
Posted by Cody Belnap at 3:29 PM
Monday, June 17, 2013
Over fire risk in the driver side door cause by corrosion, GM recalled almost 200,000 of its SUVs. They announced that all vehicles should be parked outside until the parts can be replaced. See here for more details.
- 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
- GMC Envoy XL
- 06-07 Chevrolet Trailblazer
- GMC Envoy
- Buick Rainier
- SAAB 9-7x
- Isuzu Ascender
Here are two statements directly from GM that correspond to the problem that is being recalled.
1. “Fluid may enter the driver's door module, causing corrosion that could result in a short in the circuit board,” states the recall, which affects a total of 193,652 SUVs.
2. “A short may cause the power door lock and power window switches to function intermittently or become inoperative. The short may also cause overheating, which could melt components of the door module, producing odor, smoke, or a fire.”
If you own one of the following vehicles, GM will be contacting you shortly about replacement and action. Thank you. Recall is expected to happen on July, 24 2013.
Utah Car Cents
Posted by Cody Belnap at 8:27 AM